The first thing you’ll notice when you step into our natural stone slab gallery is that it’s not like any place you’ve visited before. If you’re used to those big box stores with just a few selections, you’ll be amazed at the rows of choices you’ll have before you.
You’ll also discover it’s more than picking and choosing. Instead, we feel the best place to start is with an education.
Do you know the differences between granite and marble? How would soapstone handle in your environment? How would you care for Inalco in your kitchen?
More confused than ever? Read on; we have a few more ideas.
Prepare for Your Visit
When you decide to remodel your home, it’s a complicated process. Unlike a visit to a clothing store, you can’t try anything on. When you’re ready to buy a new car, you can visit a dealer, touch the car, feel the seats wrap around you, even take it for a test drive.
But you can’t do that when you visit a natural stone slab gallery. You imagine your new kitchen by looking at pictures. It’s not your home—it’s someone else’s. You can touch the marble, feel the smoothness. But you can’t “see” the final product until after it’s installed.
And that makes it riskier—a little more unsure. How do you know you’re getting it right? How do you know you won’t regret your decision before the finishing touches are installed?
It depends on what natural stone slab gallery you visit.
Those big-box stores do little to calm your nerves. You’ll have a different experience when you show up at our door.
Want to see it before you stop by? Watch our video on a first-time visit to learn a little more about what it’s like.
Start with Education
The thought of wandering into a slab gallery can sometimes be intimidating. After all, they often cater to contractors and designers, people helping their clients with big projects.
But not all design centers are intimidating. In fact, if you stop by with your ideas, we can help clarify some of your plans.
- Trying to visualize a new kitchen?
- Want to upgrade the bathroom?
- Planning to create a new fireplace for your outdoor living space?
We know how complicated that process can be. That’s why we start our education process online and continue it once you visit one of our locations.
Look through photographs and start noticing what colors you prefer. Browse through galleries and watch for ideas that seem to jump out at you and say “pick me.”
Take note of these items. You can even create your own pinboard on Pinterest to start accumulating your ideas. This will give you a better representation of what you like, and it’ll give us a better opportunity to understand your wishes and desires.
Then when you stop by for the first time, we can further your education. We can show you how to find the slabs right for your project. We can teach you about color, veining, even what patterns will work for your unique situation.
Why Natural Stone?
Natural stone has turned into the premier building material because of its versatility. It can be anywhere from subtle to being the star of the show. Colors, patterns, styles—what you can do with natural stone in every room in your home is almost unlimited.
We love it because:
- Variety—With today’s technology, there’s almost nothing you can’t do with natural stone. You can use natural slabs to enhance your space. Or use more technologically driven materials like Inalco porcelain for creating sleek, modern designs.
- Unique—Because natural stone products like granite and marble are quarried, not man-made, you’ll never find the same two pieces anywhere in the world. That makes your project unique to you and you alone.
- Green—Are you going green with your home’s design and functionality? Look no further than natural stone. Stone is a natural product that requires a fraction of the resins used in man-made materials. It has characteristics that add to helping you become LEED certified if that’s important to you.
- Value—You may be designing this for you, but if someday you decide to sell your home, isn’t it nice to know you’re adding value? Natural stone is in hot demand and will continue to be so in the future. And because natural stone can last for a lifetime, the investment you make today can stand the test of time.
Trust Your Instincts
Still a bit nervous? Not sure if you’re ready for a final decision?
It’s a difficult choice. It’s a big commitment. You’ll live with your decision for years to come.
We know this is one of your top concerns because we hear it from many who walk through our doors. What looks good on a slab in front of you—how will that ever convert to being the perfect choice for your kitchen counters?
We’ll tell you to trust your gut. Most people have a vague idea of what they want before they ever start to look.
While it’s important to pay attention to certain suggestions about maintenance or durability, chances are you already have ideas about the finishing touches. Move toward those ideas, and have a designer help you make your final selection.
Where Do You Go from Here?
So, what’s your project? What are you planning for in the near future?
Don’t be afraid to stop by our natural stone design center to help solidify some of your ideas.
You don’t have to commit to anything on the spot. In fact, it can help you be more sure about your next steps. If you haven’t moved forward because you’re not sure of the steps, consider this to be your first.
One of our design team members can help you create your plan. We can make suggestions, even point you in the right direction.
Of course, we can hold your selection if you’re not ready to commit. You can take pictures, jot down notes, even draw out your ideas.
We’re here to help you every step of the way. Even when you’re not sure of what the next step should be.
If a new design is in your future, visiting a natural stone slab gallery can be the best thing you do to make your dreams a reality this year.